Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Limit linked record selection to a view

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury
123 Comments
Brian_Dusablon_
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Looking to leverage Airtable for a complex volunteer tracking tool.

How can I create “shifts” that volunteers can select in a signup form? Similar to signup or signup genius? Without having to manually enter every available shift as a select option?

Also, need to limit some of those “shifts” to one or two volunteers, so they wouldn’t be an option after they were selected or filled.

This seems like a common issue that someone may have solved already.

Thanks!

Achim_Baur
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This. +1. Please make this happen.

I have a table with events. And a table where you can register for these events. The latter one has a form. I only want people to see upcoming events in that form. Not the past ones.

Christopher_Mai
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

BUMP! I’m currently having to use the exact workaround that Brian describes and it is fairly unintuitive from an admin perspective.

Elizabeth_Carte
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m using a table as a personal task manager and want to use linked records to split tasks into subtasks. Right now I can link to records in my subtask table, but I can’t tell whether a task is complete or not without opening the expanded view. I would like to set a filter to hide all the completed subtasks on a given item.

Michael_Berman
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yup - I have already sent this through the help link - very important!
My use case is choosing client from related tables that need to show client info or forms - I only want to see the currently active clients (15 to 20) instead of the entire history (hundreds).

Let’s keep this thread alive :slightly_smiling_face:
Michael

Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

As I do more Airtable work for clients, this becomes more and more of an issue. Also, as implied by my comment above, it should be configurable by view (or at least For Forms).

The most typical use case is to be able to select a Contact - but only one for a particular Client. In other words the second link is filtered by another filed in the same record - in Acces, as an example, this would be achieved with Cascading Combo Boxes.

Achim_Baur
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, yes, yes! This is on of my main gripes with Airtable right now.

Gustavo_Lopez
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a use case: I manage a small club. There are Prospective Members, Active Members, and Former Members. They’re all “Contacts”. Then there is Attendance. When I take attendance I would like the Active members to show up as a list of available values. I also want to be able to look at all the attendance for the past year, so if at some point in the past there was an Active Member and now he’s a Former Member, I still want him in the list. Therefore I shouldn’t separate Active and Former in separate tables (a suggestion I read somewhere). I can see the limits of Airtable when it comes to values with statuses. A filtered linked field would allow me to only enter the relevant values from the Contacts table.

Zac
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1. absolutely needed

Andre_Zijlstra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

The same thing with people using a form where they need to pick a date from a table. The filter in the table is ignored, which is very aggrevating for the users.