Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] "Add to Airtable" browser extension

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill_Doerrfeld
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m considering Airtable for information gathering as I browse the Web. One tool I currently use is Trello along with the “Add to Trello” extension for chrome and safari which nicely adds the URL and title for the page I’m viewing and creates a new card/record in a specific Trello board and list both of which can be specified within the extension. Simple and powerful. I could only convert to airtable if I had something similar.

40 Comments
Liam_Smith
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Borja,

I’m definitely interested in this. I’d like to hack in the ability to add a tag from a separate list held in another table as well.

Email me at liamgsmith@gmail.com if you’re interested.

Cheers,
Liam

Borja_Morales

Hi,

And where this tag is taken from? It is the same every time a url is sent to Air Table? Or a UI should ask for additional information?

Liam_Smith
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The tag would be from a different air table, call it tag. UI would then look that up.

Borja_Morales

Currently there is not UI in the extension, it just sends the information of the current site to the specific table in the DB, that is configured through the extension options.

What I do is send the sites to the AirTable and then categorize them in the AirTable app.

Liam_Smith
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Righto. So… Any plans to share, sell or fork? :slightly_smiling_face:

zuza_pogo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Borja! AMAZING! Have you submitted by any chance? I’d find it super useful! Thanks for the initiative!

Borja_Morales

I have published an extension in Chrome store, still very early version. And with no schema discovery the configuration is a little bit odd.

Take a look and give me your thoughts.

Richard_Kaplan

Borja Morales published a new version of his Send to Airtable extension this week. It is terrific - not only does it allow sending bookmarks and metadata to Airtable, but also it is highly customizable via the Alpaca Forms library. This is really well-done and since it is customizable it is likely to meet the needs of a wide range of projects. A++++

Adam_Romary

Richard, any chance you could give me some hints on using this extension? I got the demo working, but I’m thinking that I will need to do some coding to get my own forms working? Is this correct? I want to have a form with fields that auto fill with the current url, allow dragging and dropping of pictures, and a multi-select. Do you think these are possible? Do you know of any other resources that could help me get my form working?

Thank you,
Adam

Richard_Kaplan

You could include the pictures if you uploaded them to some other site and then did a drag/drop of the URL. If you want to drag/drop the file that will require storing the file somewhere so that would require a bit more
work.

A multi-select would probably be doable but you will need to do some coding; it won’t work with the extension as is. That said, it uses Alpaca forms as its foundation which is well-documented so I think a developer
who is familiar with Alpaca could do this.