Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Record Duplication Detection, Deduping, and Duplicate Merging

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Owen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I would love to have a feature that would search a given table by a field or set of fields to find and surface duplicate rows. It would then be great to be able to take a pre-defined action on duplicated rows such as delete, or merge. Dealing with dupes is always a pain with large data sets or importing new data into a set where some records may already exist. A way to deal with dupes in a somewhat automated way would be really helpful.

93 Comments
Paul_Falcon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same here. It would be great to have this tool.

Tyler_Ridings
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same here! Would love to see detection of duplicates.

Raymond_Hou
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a problem with the final step…
Could anyone help me with this: ??
螢幕快照 2018-08-07 23.21.45.png

Laure_Parsons1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please, please, this has been requested for so long and is a pretty obvious feature, especially in a relational database where I want my primary key to be unique!

Patrick1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I wonder what the technical issues with this are. Surely at least duplication DETECTION shouldn’t be such a hard thing to implement?

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We’ll be releasing something on this front soon… :eyes:

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi folks! Our deduplication block is currently in beta right now. You can use it to delete duplicate records or merge individual fields from duplicate records together.

If you’re a Pro plan user and you’re interested in testing it out (and giving us your feedback!), we’d love for you to sign up using this form.

Ariel_Camus
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any update on this @Katherine_Duh? The form to sign up doesn’t seem to be available anymore.

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

The form loaded fine for me by clicking the link @Katherine_Duh posted above:
(just now)
image.png

And I can update you that the beta is live. I have been able to try out the De-duping block.

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

They have officially released a de-duplication block for pro users. More information here: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008332253