Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Record Duplication Detection, Deduping, and Duplicate Merging

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Owen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I would love to have a feature that would search a given table by a field or set of fields to find and surface duplicate rows. It would then be great to be able to take a pre-defined action on duplicated rows such as delete, or merge. Dealing with dupes is always a pain with large data sets or importing new data into a set where some records may already exist. A way to deal with dupes in a somewhat automated way would be really helpful.

93 Comments
Josh_Pedersen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would vote for this feature… it is hugely helpful in CRM

Hashim_Warren
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

I’m running into this problem right now. I want to import data but I know there are duplicates

ww_dz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

Is there any way that we can avoid duplicate values for any data entered in any particular field? Or we can set any field to be unique?

Next, can we do search function to search the data in this unique field?

Jason_Bailey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 on duplicate detection!

Bob_Wenzlau
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It is hard to believe as many tables are formed bringing in dirty data and needing to remove or manage dupes. Gives me second thoughts as migrating into a system like this requires these types of tools.

Joe_Cool
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’d also like to know this, anyone?

Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

This isn’t currently possible directly in Airtable but you could use Zapier to Find duplicates - you would probably have to use a formula to look for records excluding the record you are comparing. You could then get Zapier to change one of the values, send a message to warn you or whatever you want.

Note you would need a paid Zapier account for this because it uses a multi step zap (Trigger, Find, Update).

However, there is no way to prevent entry of a duplicate in the first place at the moment.

Pablo_Ruiz_Garc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1, duplicate detection is one of the few things I miss in Airtable

Aurelien_Merdas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would also need this feature since I am dealing with large sets of data. I am using airtable to organize a database of business people, so obviously having duplicated records for e-mail addresses and name of companies is quite an issue for me.

Julio_Beltran
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also think that row merge would be a great improvement.