Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Sorting Options in Single or Multiple Select Field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chuck_Hoffman
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I would like to have the ability to sort all of the options/values in a Single Select field. Then I could more quickly spot the one I want to select.

4 Comments
Andre_Zijlstra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hi @Chuck_Hoffman

When you click on the arrow right to the field name, and select Customize Field Type, you see an Alphabetize funcion in the dialogue box. Because it is so obvious I just want to make sure if this is what you’re looking for.
Sorting%20Single%20Select%20Field

W_Vann_Hall
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

In addition to what @Andre_Zijlstra mentions, you can manually order the options in a single-select field by dragging them (use the six-dot icon to the left of the option text as the ‘handle’ for dragging).

Ann_Vo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,
A) I too have the same request-- to alphabetize my options within a multiple drop-down field. I can find no “alphabetize” setting. Has this feature been removed?
B) also would be great to sort multiple drop down options by date (earliest to latest) or by value (lowest-highest). When building large option sets these do not always get entered in order.
Thanks.

Steve_Small
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The alphabetize option only appears when you are using the program on a computer via the web, not on the iPhone or iPad versions.