Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Split-screen master-detail record view

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
David_Isaac
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

As a business user, I would like to select a record from a list and show as list of related records on the same screen so that I can see important details without having to navigate to the linked table. While Airtable currently shows the primary field for the linked data in a column, I would like to see a tabular view of all the data for the linked records. Master-detail views are common in business systems (and the default view for products like SalesForce), and this feature would allow Airtable to displace our separate products for CRM, database management, etc. Displaying records from selected linked tables for a single item (e.g., in the record detail form) would also be a satisfactory solution.

This is similar to this request (Scrol through clients and show details in separate window) but more general purpose.

2 Comments
Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I completely agree, the โ€˜difficultโ€™ handling of one to many (parent/child) relationships in Airtable can cause errors in data entry and certainly isnโ€™t that visually useful either. In my view this is one of the most important things to work on in 2018 (along with Webhooks/Instant Zaps etc).

afwnrogijpfoibw
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi David, did you get any luck with this request?