Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Stronger Airtable Monitoring and Response on Forums

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
CAHerrmann
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I am putting this under the category of Product Suggestions because it is something I think Airtable could implement as a company to improve satisfaction amongst users and build trust in the product as a viable long-term solution for business problems.

When I browse through nearly any product request of relevance to me (which happen to also be relevant to a significant portion of forum users, it seems), I see dozens of user responses to threads spanning years, often without any meaningful responses from the Airtable team.

To highlight this, the feature request with the most views AND most responses is โ€œLink to other baseโ€

That feature has:

• 395 replies
  • Comments spanning from October 2015 to September 2019
  • A total of 6 replies from the Airtable team, dated:
    1/16
    3/16
    5/16
    6/16
    7/16
    3/19

I think it is worth noting that 5 of those responses occurred in 2016. There has been only one Airtable response in over three years โ€“ on the TOP REQUESTED FEATURE.

This lack of response, not even just a โ€˜hey, we hear you,โ€™ makes me feel as though the Airtable team is not actively engaged with its user base, and certainly not actively implementing some of the most often requested features (e.g., granular permissions/linked bases, lockable fields, edit-record forms, etc), even if they are working hard behind the scene to make these features a reality.

I feel like this is a missed opportunity, especially after looking around at some of Airtableโ€™s competition and noting a significantly higher rate of company engagement in the forums (I wonโ€™t name names, because this is an Airtable forum).

1 Comment
Montana_Senior_
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I strongly agree with the above. Linking databases and having granular permissions are integral to being able to use Airtable for our organization. Without these, the software is very limited. Weโ€™d like to be able to use Airtable for the majority of our operations including sales, financials, project management, editorial, etc. None of this can be done without the aforementioned features. Well, they could but the result wouldnโ€™t be pretty.