Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Sub-table view in individual record view

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick_Davis
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I tried searching but didn’t see anything. This would tie into being able to edit a individual record.

If the record has data tied to it in a sub table, it would be preferred to view that data in a table format in the individual record view.

For example I am working on setting up a asset database. I would like to have a relational table for the asset that holds all of the zendesk tickets for that asset in a table format so I can see ticket details without having to open up each individual ticket record.

1 Comment
Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Can I second this - I’m building an Inventory / Sales recording app for a client at the moment and would really like to be able to add the sales items in a more intuitive way. Whilst you can record them through expanded view it gives you the primary option to link to existing records from the sub table. Now, in this type of use case, I can NEVER see when this would be the correct choice - yet users are almost encouraged to do this. Furthermore, if they do select an existing record (which by definition belongs to another sale), the database will create a link to the record - despite the sales item table being set to only link to one parent record.

This leads to incorrect and meaningless data.

What I would like to see is that Airtable should be able to be configured so that the link field only gives you the option to enter NEW records (or view/edit existing child records) - and this should be the default behaviour on the ONE side of a One to Many relationship. This would make data entry of this type into expanded views quite usable.