Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Suggestion for base connection - UX turnaround

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michela_Caruso
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi guys,

Airtable really a great product, my congratulations. The perceived weakest point of Airtable is blocks connection. I don’t know if it’s a strategy decision or just a technical matter you would solve later. In the meanwhile I though a simple shortcut. In this case the problem is mainly customer perception, since you could put all the tables in a base. Therefore, if you could just add a tag field associated to each table, so you could group by the tables and see the table in multiple “sub-bases”.
Just an example, you are designing your startup organization tool on airtable. You would have a “sub-base” for accounting, for hr, operations, communication and so on, you could use a same table (as contancts) for many sub-bases, or still make a complete summary report.

Thanks,

Luigi

1 Comment
Stephanie_Cappe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello! I completely agree with Luigi’s suggestion and am right inline with his use case - would be incredibly powerful to provide the ability for users to connect across bases. This opens up an entirely new layer of business analytics possibilities.

Thank you,
Stephanie