Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Edit Field Names in Schema Block

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander-Jerry
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The schema block is great, I always try to keep my field names consistent and contextual across tables for an easier linking experience - but I can’t help but feel amiss when I’m using the schema block and can’t edit field configurations from this birds eye view.

I would love to be able to:

1. Change field names and/or
  2. Configure a field

What do you think? Maybe this is a good remix idea for the block contest? I wonder if the schema block could be used as a template and modified for this use case?

EDIT: As I was thinking about this, I started day dreaming of a whole interface for Airtable built around this concept. Adding the ability to create, delete, modify tables from this view would be superb, but at the same, I wonder if it would be too much work / overhauling to implement.

On the other hand, it hadn’t occurred to me that I can simply have the base schema open on one monitor, and the table on another, so I think that solves that! Any thoughts? I know there are some database solutions out there that support this kind of visual interface.