Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Swimlane in Kanban

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Salem_Korayem
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am surprised that no one requested this before, but no kanban board is useful without Swimlanes :slightly_smiling_face:

Like Kanban โ€œGrouping Fieldโ€ where we can appoint it to a field of type โ€œCollaboratorโ€ or โ€œSingle Selectโ€, Swimlanes should be defined based on the desired field type

16 Comments
Clemens_Adolphs
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Strongly agree! If โ€œFilterโ€ is already supported, it only makes sense that โ€œGroup byโ€ would also be supported. A typical use case would be to have the entries stacked by status (To-Do, In progress, Done) and have the entries grouped by project.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

You might be able to use the matrix block to accomplish some of these workflows.

airtable.com_tbldtQsKw35Xi7qg0_viwm0s0zpouC6afAP(Custom B 1280x725).png

Jason_Nordin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Another bump for this feature, please. For me, blocks are not a reasonable substitute for this, those are basically just for summaries, and this seems like a basic feature of kanban to me, not an extra like a pivot table would be.

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Iโ€™d also like to group records in Kanban, but even more so in Gallery views. As of now, thereโ€™s no real way to seperate data in Gallery views, but a swimlane feature would certainly help.

Roy_Osherove
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+100
This is a must feature and would be a distinguishing feature from notion etcโ€ฆ

Timothy_Fong
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+100 Agree โ€” this is something that is in JIRA of all placesโ€ฆswimlanes by values in an enum field horizontally would be something very useful.

Don_Carli
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The matrix block approach that you show lacks the swim lane โ€œfrom/toโ€ connectors. Also, his should be a feature available to allโ€ฆ

Russell_Bishop1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Something like this?

Gill_Balcaen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Katherine,

It helps partly, but is less aesthetic and doesnโ€™t allow the โ€˜card customisationโ€™ that you have in the kanban view. so in many cases youโ€™d be giving up crucial info in order to make it fit in the matrix

Yasinek
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Just tested how Kanban works in Airtable and I think it could be improved with nested swimlanes like in this example: Kanban Swimlanes - Learn to Use Them | Kanban Board Swimlanes

That would allow creating a two tier process in more complicated workflows.