Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Text and table formatting

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Denise_Schumake
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be great if it was possible to FORMAT TEXT (fonts, colors, bold, italics), CELLS (left, right, center alignment, background colors), and BORDERS (bold or dashed lines, colors) within tables. The ability to add extra header lines and/or to FREEZE more cells vertically and horizontally would help, too.

I really like the idea of Airtable, but canโ€™t effectively use it over Excel until it has more functionality.

75 Comments
Frank_Merrow
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

For me this relates back to second item I โ€œLikedโ€ . . . bullet points.

I want to create a โ€œNoteโ€ with is a list of items . . . bullet points, numbered lists, whatever.

Markdown, HTML, whatever . . . some formatting would be great.

Frank

Ana_Kyra_Beks
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, formatting would be great since there is no โ€œsub taskโ€ function and some of us use Airtable for to-doโ€™s as well.

Ron_McCord

I wanted to Use Airtable as a data base crm for my real estate career, having notes for background and follow up calls to keep track of your conversations over the years is a must!!! Being able to simply format with bold type, separate with lines and highlighting can keep the key info at a glance!! I am sure same way for many small business relationship based salespeople and consultantsโ€ฆ

Also commenting should be able to be disabled and a larger conversation window opened for the notes, setting the notes with a yellow background just like a yellow pad helpful needed as wellโ€ฆ Think about it do you write one blank note paper when using a pen or pencil, no you use legal pads etcโ€ฆ need to break up the white spaceโ€ฆ Pipedrive does an awesome job of this and there best feature

brand_helps
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Just started a free trial, and I am amazed at two things

1. How awesome this is!!
  2. How in the world there is not a rich text editorโ€ฆ I have tried other similar platforms (pushtable) , this is by far the most built out but even they had a rich text fieldโ€ฆ

This is going to prevent me from moving forward unfortunately. Please let me know when you get it going!

Georgie_Rubens

Another vote! This would be so incredibly useful. Iโ€™m trying to convert my colleagues to Airtable, but the lack of basic formatting options has been a big barrier for making this happen.

Ben_Coultry
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Ok Iโ€™ve been searching for the last 30 minutes for a way to add a simple border between columns. Beyond adding text to a cell, this is the simplest possible function I can even think of. Iโ€™ve never experienced one single spreadsheet related program that doesnโ€™t possess this ability. Is it that Iโ€™m blind, or that thereโ€™s been a humongous oversight rendering the entire concept unusable to me?

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

To be fair, these arenโ€™t exactly spreadsheets. AirTable makes databases, and I havenโ€™t come across too many database programs that let you adjust the border between columns unless its a front-end focused product. AT isnโ€™t built as a front-end

But Iโ€™d like to echo markdown/rich formatting support for text fields!

Encompass_Now

Bump on "Iโ€™d like the ability to custom URLโ€™s added in fields eg. replace a long URL name with just โ€œclick hereโ€

T_B1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same question in 2019 - any chance to get formatting like centralizing a text field in the airtable?

Artem_Bourov

Same here - being able to center values in a particular field/column would be fantastic for readability! Thanks.