Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Text and table formatting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denise_Schumake
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be great if it was possible to FORMAT TEXT (fonts, colors, bold, italics), CELLS (left, right, center alignment, background colors), and BORDERS (bold or dashed lines, colors) within tables. The ability to add extra header lines and/or to FREEZE more cells vertically and horizontally would help, too.

I really like the idea of Airtable, but can’t effectively use it over Excel until it has more functionality.

75 Comments
Kat_Levine

@Katherine_Duh
Is there any update on where rich text formatting is on the roadmap? We have a need specifically for bold/italic/underline, bulleted and numbered lists in long text fields. This is needed for our business to properly maintain citation formats of references.

Rocky_Roark
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yea it looks like its been on the roadmap for over 4 years now! This definitely a feature I think everyone needs and would really benefit the platform dramatically.

Stephen_Beler_N

I’d really like the ability to assign a text color to an entire column to break the data up a bit. Black text everywhere all blends together. This post shows exactly what the colored columns might look like.

Kara_Taylor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Line truncating in the title row and left, center, and align are the things i miss most from google sheets. Really utilized this when the column headers are long but the cell information is short. Hate having a two inch column for the title but only have Y or N in the cells. I would make them shorter but i need to read the whole title!

Katrina_Lovrick

bump! I’d really like this please

Kevin_Day

bump! me too

I’m sad to see it’s been “on the roadmap” for three years, and yet hasn’t been implemented…

Clearly Airtable has lost customers for lacking this “must have” feature, as expressed above

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Not sure if you’ve seen elsewhere in the forum, but rich text formatting is currently in beta.

Greg_B

More use cases feedback:

-In Excel with put different colors in headers to easilly distinguish sections of products.

-In Excel with put a grey color in the columns that contains formulas to allow users to see in an heartbeat that these cells doesn’t need to be manually filled.

Kevin_Day

Great

Thanks for the response!

Happy new year

Kevin

M_Gohar_Shafiqu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am making checklists on airtable so I need to add a bold heading in line item and then its factors

e.g

Content Check
Proofread content
Check word count

etc