Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Triggering back gesture in Chrome (on MacOS) when scrolling to the left

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Kalinchu
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Every time I try to scroll left using two fingers on one of my tables, it is triggering the touchpad’s back gesture in Chrome.

38 Comments
Johannes_Ebert
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please, please, please, please, please. Fix this! I want to use you product so bad but this bug makes it unusable.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmmm… very weird… not sure why this is happening for you guys, because it’s not happening for us in Chrome for macOS Catalina — and we’ve got the 2-finger trackpad settings setup identically to how you guys have it set. This problem has never happened to us in the last 2 years of using Airtable.

For us, it only goes back a page if our mouse is hovering ABOVE THE RECORDS (in the Airtable header area), which makes sense & is exactly how we would expect it to behave.

However, if our mouse is hovering WITHIN THE TABLE OF RECORDS, then it doesn’t go back a page. It understands that we’re trying to simply scroll to see our records to the left.

Maybe you guys have some sort of Accessibility options turned on or some sort of a Chrome Plug-In installed that might be interfering? Not really sure why your Chrome would be acting differently than our Chrome.

Ignacio_Jimenez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is happening to us right now and is something new: we have been working with Airtable without issues in the past months. Airtable becomes unusable right now.

RC_Powers
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m experiencing this same issue… Can’t scroll through Grid View because it keeps switching to other sheets. Is there a solution for this?

*I already have my mouse turned off for 2 finger swipe and I don’t have a track pad on this computer.

Jason_Ure

Yep, same here. No fun.

Lilia_Granillo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I had a similar issue using google sheets. And i tested it on Airtable just now. I closed all my browsers and then re-opened the sheet. Scrolled over the grid and it scrolls left-to-right just fine. Scrolled over the menu/tab area and it navigates back a page. Once you scroll over the grid again, it continues to navigate back a page. i closed and re-opened the page and scrolled over the grid and it worked again.

i know this isn’t really helpful for those who truly do wish to navigate back a page and also be able to scroll within a table/sheet but hopefully knowing what could trigger it may be helpful to you.

Tom_O_Quinn1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am noticing this happens n my MacBook trackpad as well as my Magic Mouse. We are thinking of getting an enterprise account but this may be a dealbreaker for us.

Alexandra_Tavel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is happening to me out of the blue as well. Appears to be some sort of bug. Once logged in, everything works fine for about 5-10 min then all of a sudden I can’t scroll left using the double finger trackpad motion without triggering it to go back to the previous page. I have very wide spreadsheets and this is super irritating because I need to be able to scroll left! I changed the settings on my computer to prevent this and it’s STILL happening. I have to log out, close the window, then log back in for it to go back to normal, but again this only works for a few min. AirTable PLEASE FIX THIS! I will have to stop using your product and go back to regular spreadsheets or googlesheets if this continues as I can’t get any work done having to log in and out every 5 min.

Tim_Schultz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The worst. I will have to drop this software if this continues…

Justin_Burke
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m having the same issue. I’m concerned my team will reject using this product if the browser keeps trying to go back a page.