Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Triggering back gesture in Chrome (on MacOS) when scrolling to the left

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Kalinchu
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Every time I try to scroll left using two fingers on one of my tables, it is triggering the touchpad’s back gesture in Chrome.

38 Comments
amy_silberman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m having the same issue. Has there been a fix for this? Started happening out of the blue a few days ago.

YourFriend
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Guys,

I love you but this needs to be fixed.

Kisses

Angelena_Zeiser
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Am I reading this correctly, that this issue has been going on since 2017!? This is wild, it’s 2022 and we’re still having the same issue.

Alivia_Smith

this is very annoying. the more time I spend in Airtable the more I find myself cursing becaus ethe scroll misfunctioned.

Christopher_Fer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

same issue happening to me. this seems to be the bug I notice as well. Seems to be a chrome issue after. abit of searching, and not sure why it would happen on the magic mouse only. obviously if i turn off the back gesure scroll works but I’ve become accustomed to it. I wonder if there’s another way to get the mouse to go back. Could be a bug in how iOS detects whether horizontal scroll is available to use or not as well

Robert_William1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

6 years of frustration here..... Any help Airtable? 

taufik
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi I have the same problem but when I force refresh the page, it works perfectly. On MacOs Shift + CMD + R to force refresh

Laurence
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I went into System Preferences, Trackpad/Mouse, More Gestures, and changes my two-finger swipe settings to solve this. Not great when you want to actually swipe with two fingers to go back a page, but better than doing it every 5 minutes on Airtable!