Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

URL--Text to Display Feature

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Samantha_Allema
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I think it would be nice to have the option to hyperlink with different text showing, like any basic HTML hyperlinking. Like I can even do in this forum if I needed to.

Visually, having the url just there isnโ€™t appealing.

163 Comments
Andrew
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hey Samantha,

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Weโ€™re looking to update our text editing experience soon, to provide better formatting which would include link title editing.

Mike_Eovino
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1 for this. Looking forward to this feature.

Martha_Creedon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Same here! Would like a company name to appear, but be linked to their website when clicked on.

Andriy_Rusyn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this as well, seems like a no brainer.

Aleksey_Dorogan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Andrew, just wondering whether this has been implemented?

Anthony_Zul
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I literally just spent an hour scouring the internet trying to figure out how to make this happen. Any word on deployment here?

Heidi_Egger
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature. I canโ€™t use Airtable (though I wanted to) because I need to show link titles, not the entire URL.

Heidi_Egger
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Andrew,

Has this feature been implemented yet? I want to use Airtable but lack of this feature is preventing me.

Thanks,
Heidi

JP_Maxwell

Any update on this ? Was about to โ€œwowโ€ a client with Air Table, but this basic missing functionality makes it unusable.

Christopher_Gol
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yeah, without this, Iโ€™m not sure if I can use AirTable; otherwise, it would have been perfect.