Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

URL--Text to Display Feature

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samantha_Allema
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I think it would be nice to have the option to hyperlink with different text showing, like any basic HTML hyperlinking. Like I can even do in this forum if I needed to.

Visually, having the url just there isn’t appealing.

163 Comments
Bernhard_Groll
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am new to Airtable as of today and was already quite sold on how it could improve on many Google Sheets tables I currently have that are basically very specific databases with relatively few records. But then I stumbled upon this issue – having to split every field that has a linked text into one text field and one URL field is quite a bummer and really surprising. So, +1 from me too for this feature. And I will have to see how much of a dealbreaker missing it is.

Center_for_Musi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Bumping this. I love airtables so far, but a more dynamic text editor is CRUCIAL.

Sean_Kahn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for custom link text. I too would really like this feature. Any updates yet?

Shomrei_Emunah
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

mailto links work on the web version of airtable but not on the android version.

mailto:a@b.com,c@d.com on the web version will create an email addresses to both emails.

on the android version the comma is NOT recognized as part of the mailto link so it fails.

Center_for_Musi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks for this. The link works, but is displayed as "mailto:email@address.com", which… does not look very professional.

HTML editing really just needs to be enabled here…please update.

Miroslav_Wiesne
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

bump for pretty URLs :slightly_smiling_face:

Gil_Z
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1
This is a basic feature. Trivial…

George_Conlow

I have airtable of the contents of a google drive. I have a record that names the title. I have a URL that will open the document on google drive. I WANT TO HAVE A TITLE THAT IS CLICKABLE to the URL. Is there a formula I can do?

Karen_Balmaceda
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this, please implement as this is a basic feature.

Trevor_Ellestad

Another +1 for me! One of those things that’s going to change the game for a lot of Airtable users.