Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Vertical Spacing in expanded view

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aristeidis_Zagk
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

We are using Airtable in our real estate company as our primare base for storing all these complex data regarding owners, properties, law firms etc etc. When we want to expand a record either directly or clicking on a linked table record, the expanded view takes so long to scroll mainly because of the big spacing. (see attached image). Of course i understand that you have put much more thought and time to take this desicion, But i would like to suggest either reduce the vertical space size or give the option to the user, like gmail has the cosy, comfortable or compact spacing. Some tables contain 30 rows, so in expanded view, takes quite long to reeach teh info. On the other hand, the Grid standard makes has better spacing.

spacing.png

3 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Maybe you could use Views? So you could hide some Fields that you may not use, and they gets stucked on the bottom. I some times use also the Ctrl + F shortcut :grinning_face_with_sweat:

You mean columns/fields?

Aristeidis_Zagk
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

views could be one solution.

ps yes i meant fields.

paul_overett
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Did any resolution come of this? The screen real estate used in expanded views seems crazy. It’s easier on the eyes than hyper condensed fields but this is a little extreme. Any news on this?