Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

View description black square

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robert_Ivison
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

What’s the deal with that intrusive View Description black square that never goes away? It sits on top of the base with “Created by…” information on it. Really hate it. How can it be turned off?

4 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Are you talking about the ridiculous tooltip that shows up when you hover over any of the view names — either in the toolbar or in the view side panel?

It should disappear when you move your mouse away, but yeah, it’s one of the worst UI decisions that Airtable has ever made in their entire legacy of poor UI decisions. It is disruptive, obnoxious, unhelpful, and completely frustrating.

The only thing that any of us can do at this point is to send an email to support@airtable.com, and plead & beg them to remove it.

Robert_Ivison
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes that’s exactly what I’m talking about. It’s enough to make me want to drop the program altogether.
It DOES NOT disappear when you move your mouse away, as I’m sure you are aware.

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It disappears for me. If it doesn’t disappear for you, I recommend making a video recording and sending it to support.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeah, I’m just here to repeat exactly what @kuovonne said above. Luckily, that tooltip disappears as soon as you move your mouse away. If that’s not happening for you, send a video to support. But also be sure that you’re using a supported browser — they don’t officially support Brave or other “alternative” browsers. They support Safari, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.