Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Views, Filter & Search

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Whenever I want to look at a certain selection of records I prefer filtering. The problem is that in multi-user environments this also changes the view for all other people who are working on it.

As a workaround one can create individual views of course, but I feel thatโ€™s a bit of an overkill. And then thereโ€™s always the risk that you donโ€™t notice youโ€™re actually working in the wrong view.

Search works pretty good, although itโ€™s limited, but I can see me using it more if there would be a collapse option. This way only the rows that match the criterium would show, without messing with the view for other collaborators.

An option to have local / session filters would rock though. This would enable fooling around until youโ€™d click โ€˜set as default / storeโ€™. Or something like thatโ€ฆ :slightly_smiling_face:

Actually, confirmation for filter changes would be a good idea to begin with IMO. A lot can depend on them (workflow, API calls, etc). :thinking:

1 Comment
David_Isaac
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Great idea. But this needs a better title that describes the feature, like โ€œTemporary filter on viewsโ€. Iโ€™m sure it would get more likes. This is a long-standing feature of SharePoint lists: sorting or filtering what is displayed does not change the view definition. This is needed to work fast, avoid impacting others, and avoid proliferating views.