Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Visual history for deleted rows

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nathan_Cain
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I like that I can see what changes have been made in a records.

However, I lost a ton of rows and I don’t know why. There should be a way to see what has been deleted and by whom (or what, in the case of deletions by way of api).

26 Comments
Mandy_Williams
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for us as well - snapshots seem like they fulfill the need to guard against data loss but seeing who deleted records would be super helpful

Frank_Colcord
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

You’ve asked for use cases. I’d use a visual history by looking at how many times I’ve changed the date on a row. I have an Actions table, with a date field, which I view through the calendar view. I love the ability to shuffle around Actions around my calendar. However, I’ve realized that if there is an Action that I just keep shuffling around, perhaps I need to break that Action down into smaller Actions or decide whether or not I’m going to do it. So, my proposed use case would be to colour the Action in increasing shades of Red depending on the number of times I’ve changed the date in the last two weeks.

Chloe_Rhoades
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Yes very interested in accessing an audit trail to view deleted/changed items without needing to look in each record. This is an incredibly high priority for our team.

Erin_Thiele
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We track our project statuses from intent to award, but we only show the current status to keep our information clean. However, we would be interested to track the progression of a project from the beginning - a change in the project name, contributors, costs, notes, dates, etc. without having to scroll through each record history. I don’ want to have to add a date/status column combination every time it updates.

Octavio_Lopez_S
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Count me in!
It would be very useful.

Michael_Hall

As far as I can tell, there’s currently NO way to track a deleted record, is that correct?

Each record in our table represents an event (we’re a photo booth company) and today one was missing. The only way I could solve it was by going into the trash and restoring 3 deleted records from the past several days. All I could see was who deleted a record and when, not the specific records deleted. 1 of the deleted records was the missing event, which was mistakenly deleted, and the other 2 were blank records.

The most frustrating thing was that none of the restored records had anything in the revision history about being deleted, so I have no idea how it happened, who was responsible, or how to prevent it from happening again in the future.

In conclusion, here are 2 suggestions that would help our team immensely:

• When restoring a record from the trash, let the name of the record be visible
  • When records are deleted/ restored, show in the revision history

Thanks!

Wayne_Saucier

+1 for this, but also making the records in the Trash queryable via API.

Patsy_Chan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all,
As long as I could see in the discussion above, my question is similar to that. How could we track what has been deleted and by whom (or what, in the case of deletions that I didn’t know?), because let’s say that we have several number of important users.
We hope get the answer.
Thanks.

David_Torbett

3+ years on and still no update which is a real shame. I have multiple editors on a base and found that when someone else deletes a record, I can’t see it in the trash. This is causing multiple issues for us and would really like a solution where by an audit table captures who did want when.
4 ‘who’ columns on every row (created_by, creation_date, last_updated_by, last_update_date) and a global audit / trash function would be idea.
Any news on any of this making it into Airtable any time soon?
Thanks

Mohamed_Helal
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

whats the update on over all history view