Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Webhooks for Records

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_Bauch
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Webhooks for records would be really useful.

I’m heavily caching Airtable data on my own server via the API, and if Airtable could notify my server when a record is updated, created, or destroyed, that would help me invalidate the cached data and re-request it.

Ultimately that would mean less calls from my server to the Airtable API, which I imagine would please Airtable.

Are webhooks on the roadmap at all?

122 Comments
Venkat_Dinavahi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Webhooks are a must. Until then I’ll need to poll the api every 5 seconds or so… I’m OK with doing just seems like a waste.

Dustin_Williams
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for webhooks! This would open up Airtable to a huge world of application opportunities without excessive polling

Hashim_Warren
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Webhooks would allow Zapier to have instant Airtable zaps, instead of the 5 minute wait

Michael_Sulliva
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

No webhooks yet? :frowning:
Maybe i’ll use collaborator field and leverage the email notification (pipe to script) as a temp workaround.

Juan_Vazquez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Big +1!

Webhooks would be sweeeeet. :slightly_smiling_face: :spider_web: :fishing_pole_and_fish:

Sam_Levan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

A big +1 for webhooks!

Ben_Orozco
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1 for webhooks … actually more API love would be great!

tom_m
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1, even a single GET request when the base has changed or a table has changed would be huge!

Tony_Allan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1,000,000 I want to use Airtable as a database for simple web apps. Webhooks for table activity are absolutely essential for modern applications.

This enables use cases such as:

(1) Functions for bases where a change to data in rows one table will cause processing of the change and updates to other rows and/or tables. These cloud function might use a service such as https://glitch.com/.

(2) Airtable as a database with a great UI for a team of data maintainers and an API to allow another app to provide interesting custom views. A Webhook allows such an app to effectively mirror and cache up-to-date data.

I know Webhooks is mentioned on the API roadmap, but sooner rather than later would be great!

Jeremie_Aubut
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for webhooks

To receive direct POST from ecommerce to update order.completed table and manage inventory…
Not really working well with zapier since it do not read properly the JSON data…