Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

When adding an item to a filtered few, prefill to match filter

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benjamin_Van_Tr
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a table with “projects” which are linked into a second table with todos, when filtered, and I add a new item, the linked column value would be the value that matches what would allow the new row to be seen in the filtered view.

5 Comments
Benjamin_Van_Tr
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This already happens in a grouped view.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

I think it makes sense

Robin_Nanney
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would love for this to happen. My whole team constantly creates double records due to this issue. It is so nice when we are able to use a grouped view solely instead of a filter so that records don’t disappear constantly, but this isn’t always feasible.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

I also create a lot of duplicates to create a record, and then edit it :grinning_face_with_sweat:

Benjamin_Van_Tr
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

So, it looks like the reason this happens is because, instead of acting as a single select list, linking to a record from another table is simply matching the string, and filtering it acts as a string, instead of filtering to a single value.

When I filter on a single select that is not defined in another table, this behaves as expected.