Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Would love a find/replace option!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keri_Sprinkle
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Not sure how much detail I can give on this request, so just trying to hit my 20 char. :gift:

17 Comments
Natalie_Bates
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Seconding this. Would be nice to find/replace within a single column in particular. Just encountered a need for this, but fortunately my database is small enough right now to do it manually.

Jon_Covey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would love to see this functionality added.

Jon_Gann
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would be a lifesaver.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Thanks for the feedback, guys! We’ll definitely take this into consideration, as it’s a request we’ve had from a lot of users.

In the meantime, if you have, say, a single line text field which repeats a lot of the same answers over and over again, I would suggest [if appropriate] trying to use a single or multiple select field instead, as it’s much easier to edit the options for the select tokens in the field configuration menu.

Another strategy is sorting by the value you wish to change, and using the fill handle to easily copy the replaced version over a larger range of cells.

socrates_Ny

yes please. find & replace!

Joshua_Soule
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I agree with this feature suggestion.

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

+10 We need base-wide find and replace too! :thumbs_up:

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Just thougth the option to copy and paste in Excel, replace text, and copy back to Airtable.

Amenity_Applewh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1. The workaround @Katherine_Duh recommends is great if you’re trying to make all cells the same value, but in our case we need to remove a particular string of text from a column of text fields that have otherwise unique values:

We have a link column with hyperlinks for a content inventory. The ones that go to PDFs were prepended by a Chrome extension, so they all begin with chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/ and then the actual URL. So now we have to manually edit all those fields.

What I ended up doing was copy pasting those cells into Google Sheets, find and replacing, and pasting back.

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

I’m reviving this request because its a must! I have an imported table that repeats this “�” character a lot, randomly in many columns. It would be nice to clean up my data within Airtable without having to export to Excel and then back into AT.

The only workaround I can think of is using a formula field to one by one use a SUBSTITUTE() formula for each column. I have upwards of 20 columns so I think adding this as a feature (maybe even a Block) would be beneficial.