Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Wrap text/ Row height

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katrina_Lovrick
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I realize row height selection has been made possible to address this but I don’t think it really solves the problem. If I have a cell that’s just one line longer than the extra-tall it’ll still be cut off and have to be manually expanded. Not to mention if I have everything at extra-tall, many rows take up a huge amount of dead air space eventhough they don’t need it because they don’t have much text.

For visual ease-of-use, I’ve found this a huge barrier to get teams on board with using an airtable version because at a glance it is harder to review and scroll through (people don’t like to click things or view things one at a time).

I understand it’s more beautiful with exact consistent row heights, but can we have an extra option that is not default under “extra tall” that is “dynamic/variable/whatever word you choose” that just expands to the height of the text?

Please?

I like your product but its a major barrier for me (and my company - separate account).~That and a rich text option (at least something for bullets!!)

2 Comments
Adam_Austin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have this need as well…

I have a cell that uses the rich text check list, and if I have more than 6 items on the check list they end up not being visible in the table (even with the tallest cell option). Also, I don’t have a check list for every record, so the extra tall cell option makes the rest of the table look bad and also doesn’t serve the purpose of being able to see all my check list items.

If there could be a an option for “dynamic row height” to fit the content, then my rows without a checklist will still look good, and when I do have a check list all the items will be visible.

Thank you for your consideration.

MikeNew

Dynamic row heights with text wrapping would be greatly beneficial to data visualization for my projects