Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Wrappable Column Titles

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Ted_Pearlman
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Seems that almost all of my fields in almost all of my tables have more text in the column titles then they do in the records.

62 Comments
Helen_Shaughnes

Agreed. Sometimes my Column Titles are long but the column content is small or even a just check box. Iโ€™d like to have the column titles be able to do a word wrap and cover 2+ lines instead of just one. Long single line column titles make the table too wide and force extra left-right scrolling. Making the columns narrower cuts off the title and removes the context of the data.

Gary_Farias
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have the same issue. Long Field Names are making the columns too wide. Enabling word wrap would make the display much cleaner.

CPC
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Row Height has been introduced for cells. But why didnโ€™t Airtable add this capability for Column titles/headers?! As mentioned above and in other threads, this feature is basic but crucial.

Please, @Airtable team, are you doing something about this soon? I love the Blocks feature but the lack of column header wrap is the major reason stopping us from migrating fully to Airtable.

Jolene_Brink
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agree 100%. I donโ€™t need any more features EXCEPT wrap for column titles.

Lauma_Gailite
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Oh yeah, still a valid pointโ€ฆ Any updates on this?

Saba_Movahedi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Airtable_Team @Airtable - any idea when this will be introduced? There seem to be a number of threads explaining how desperately the text wrap on column headers is needed. When you need to have a longer title but the field is just a check-box itโ€™s such a waste of space to have to make the column wide just because of the title. The column icons and the ellipses also take up a lot of space unnecessarily.

Please please help! This is a huge hurdle for us.

Kristen_Monahan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Wrappable Column Titles, @Airtable_Team

Case_Analysis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be very very helpful to me. I have several column titles that I canโ€™t shorten but which take up significantly more space width wise than necessary. It seems weird to not be able to wrap them. Anyone know if this is something that is being worked on?

Artem_Bourov

Agree this would be very helpful and make viewing data much easier, e.g. when using Airtable to view survey data, where each column/field name is a question. At the very least applying row height to the field labels row would be fantastic. Thank you.

Sue_Bettenhause

+1 to this idea, wrappable column titles seems like an easy add