Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Wrappable Column Titles

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Ted_Pearlman
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Seems that almost all of my fields in almost all of my tables have more text in the column titles then they do in the records.

62 Comments
Jude_Dean
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I canโ€™t believe it still hasnโ€™t been added, justification would be good too.

Greg_Joughin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™m currently trying to get buy-in from a 1000+ person company to use Airtable instead of Excel, and Iโ€™m dismayed to find (after some testing and searching) that Airtable canโ€™t wrap, rotate, or change the font size of column label text! This is, as dozens of people before me have noted for the past four-plus years, a basic feature that is sorely lacking.

Wonder if Ragic lets me do what I want? Iโ€™ll be checkingโ€ฆ

Tristan-ARG
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 to this feature. Is quite useful, it will improve the information density, which I think is crucial.

Tim_Heymans
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

And? Can Ragic do it?

I wanted to start out with Airtable but Iโ€™m also surprised and frustrated by this kind of little โ€œbad designโ€ annoyancesโ€ฆ
Never heard of Ragic, but maybe I will check it out if itโ€™s any better at all. :slightly_smiling_face:

Greg_Joughin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes. Ragic can wrap column titles. Overall, Ragic isnโ€™t as pretty as Airtable, but there are niceties like this that are better.

Annie1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

:disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: Airtable team: why so long to make this small change? Spanish is a language that usually needs looooong words for everything. We try to make all fit in 1 screen but we canโ€™t see the title of the row. Should we use acronyms in all titles? :grinning_face_with_sweat:

Nicolas_d_Apri1

Not sure Airtable team is hearing. When we have an integer with 2 digits, itโ€™s frustating to definie a wide width

Tim_Heymans
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Airtable team is NOT hearing, lol. :d

Iโ€™m generally enthousiastic about Airtable and how well made it isโ€ฆ But this kind of thing just blows my mind.
If youโ€™re used to working with Excel, itโ€™s just impossible to imagine that you canโ€™t wrap a bloody column header in software that is out of beta testing phase.

Jon_Stephenson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Yes please- another vote for columns name wrap

Etienne_Mercuri
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Been using Airtable for 3 years, and team is growing. Each time we get new recruit I have to explain about this annoying thing that you really have to pay attention to field names as fields with similar names are impossible to recognize or see on the same screen.
My intern joked yesterday that it is because Airtable wants us to buy bigger screens!!!
This is a seriously pathetic design flaw.