Help

Re: Airtable Answers: How do I create an org chart in Airtable?

916 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jordan_Scott1
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

Interested in creating an org chart with Airtable? You’re in the right place. In this video, Airtable’s Dana Frederick will walk you through how to build - and customize - your next org chart with Airtable.

Additional resources:

We want to see your favorite Airtable tips!

What’s your favorite Airtable feature? We want to know - share your videos here or on social using the hashtag #AirtableAnswers so we can share them with the Airtable Community. (There may be swag involved :eyes: )

6 Replies 6

Hi @Jordan_Scott1

Thank you for making this video which fulfills its educational mission very well!

The only problem, not in this video, but in this kind of App which all suffer from the same bias as Page-Designer:

This Community insists well I think on the fact that one acts in a system or a network multiApplications from the family “As A Service” integrated, automated whose various components speak to each other (or should speak to each other) by means of the webHooks, of the APIs: this is valid as well in noCode as in Code.

However, these Airtable’s Apps (previously known as BLOCKs) end in a dead end since what you get on the screen can neither be integrated in an intra- nor extra- airtable automation, nor even shared like the excellent Gantt-view that can at least be shared via its URL: it’s not much but it’s already a lot!

The GANTT app has become a view, so it has the ability to be shared via a URL and maybe embedded, I haven’t tried that yet.

I’ve already twisted GANTT app to represent a workflow, a pipeline of processes: it’s far from ideal but it’s better than nothing in the meantime.

Cheers,

olπ

Hi Olpy!

Aron here, I helped create these videos and long time Airtable user! I’m glad you enjoyed the video.

Appreciate the feedback on apps, you’re right that they don’t interact as cleanly with other parts of the product. I’ll pass on your +1 on making apps more integrated into (and outside of) the product.

That said, I’d love to know what are some of the fun features we should be talking about in a future video?

@Olpy_Acaflo Tagging you to make sure you see this! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Aron , @Jordan_Scott1 ,

I thank you both for your positive feedback!
I’ll be sure to give you some suggestions for videos that I’d like to see made by you.
Usually this kind of idea pops up to me when I’m working (around and in airtable which has become the heart of my text and file management (Work-In-Progress)) so I’ll certainly come back to you in a little while.

Best regards,

oLπ

Hi @Aron ,

I find (for some time) that it is a pity that very important Show&Tell, very valuable by their proposed experience, are drowned in hundreds of Product-Suggestions !
I think it is urgent to separate the two sections!
This mix should never have existed on this Forum.
Thank you very much in advance!

oLπ

@Olpy_Acaflo Thank you for this feedback! This is top of mind for us as well :slightly_smiling_face: