2216 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_C
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have been building TaskRobin to help Airtable users to save emails to Airtable. Now with new features to craft your very own custom and smart CRM in Airtable!

Add the official TaskRobin Airtable extension to your base 

You can now automatically track and update all your email contacts to a separate contacts table. New contacts will be automatically added to this table with name, email address and first contacted date. Then, your last interaction date will automatically be updated whenever you save or log an email with these contacts in them.

taskrobin-airtable-contacts-table.png

airtable-crm-contacts-table.png

Here's a step by step guide to build your own Airtable CRM with TaskRobin.

If you are not familiar with TaskRobin yet, it is an Airtable extension to save your emails to Airtable with a simple forward.

Product 11 (2).png

You can now save emails to Airtable with a simple forward, while capturing all the important meta data such as subject, sender, attachment files for filtering.

Product 9 (3).png

Product 7 (1).png

Thanks to the awesome Airtable community members who have tried TaskRobin and gave your valuable feedback so far. Please let me know if you have any feedback!

5 Replies 5
Ella
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @Daniel_C ,

I have been looking for something like this for a while!

Is there a user guide for adding Task Robin to an existing airtable crm? Can I connect TaskRobin to existing tables instead of creating new tables? I want to use TaskRobin to smooth my current crm instead of starting a new crm.

Thanks!!

Daniel_C
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Ella,

Yes we do have guides. Specific to integrating TaskRobin to existing CRMs, I would like to bring a few features to your attention.

1. New tables to store emails and contacts - Start by creating two new tables in your Airtable base and link TaskRobin to one to store emails and the other for managing contacts. When you are more familiar with the data types TaskRobin retrieves from emails, then link TaskRobin to your actual CRM tables.
  2. Map email meta data to existing Airtable fields - once you link TaskRobin to your existing CRM tables, you can update the integration settings in the TaskRobin dashboard to save the meta data to your own fields instead. Only custom fields with the appropriate types will be able to be linked. 

You can find all our Airtable related knowledge articles here: https://blog.taskrobin.io/tags/airtable/

If you need more help, you can also reach me on the live chat on TaskRobin.

Michael_Kruse
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Thanks for sharing this Daniel - I'm getting this setup and it seems very useful. One struggle I'm running into - TaskRobin is saving the sender's original email as "First Name <email@company.com>"...I'd like to pass this email into an Airtable automation to send something to the original sender asking them to review the newly created CRM record in Airtable. Unfortunately, the email isn't sending correctly because of the sender email format...do you have any tips for how TaskRobin can extract ONLY the email address, or alternatively how Airtable can extract the email address only (maybe a formula)?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi all, I think I figured it out so I'm posting for the good of the community and if any formula experts can critique this:

, ">", "")
The REGEX at the center extracts whatever comes after the first <, then the two nested SUBSTITUTE functions remove the < and >, leaving only the actual email address. The automation works and sends an email to this email address as expected.
Daniel_C
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Michael_Kruse , sorry I only managed to see your question now. I hope it's working for you. Otherwise, please let me know via our live chat and I will be happy to help you further. The value of the Sender field may sometimes be "First Name <email@company.com>", or just the plain old email address. This depends on how the origin email server packaged the data.