cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Philipe_Jorge
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello Everyone!

I’ve been struggling to count the number of times a field is changed in airtable.
For instance, I have a bug tracker table and wanted to control how many times the “status” field is set to “Missing Information”. This is important for process control and have a better SLA with our customers.

I think my solution will work for your similars use cases. My solution is:

1. Create a single line text field to receive strings. I named it "Missing Information Reg.;
  2. Create an automation that tracks when the “Status” field is changed to “Missing Information”
  3. Make the automation update the “Missing Information Reg.”
    3.1 Configure in “Fields” as “Dynamic” and insert the field “Missing Information Reg” and then add a single character, like “1” or dash or whatever you like, as long it’s a single character.

That Automation will then add 1 character every time the “status” field changes to “Missing Information” and it will go like this, as I chose “1” as my added character:

1 then 11 then 111 and so on.

1. Add a formula field with LEN({Missing Information Reg}) and you’ll have this field to count how many times that specific record has changed that specific field!
3 Replies 3
Oguz_Senna

Hi, that is quite close what I am looking for. I have questions.

• Can I count the previously changed in my case deadlines?
    Thanks
Philipe_Jorge

Hi Oguz!

The automation will not count the previosly changed records before it was setup. I’m not sure if that was the question tough!

Yes that was it. I will use your method from now on. Thanks.