Help

Re: New Record Wizard Script Demo

1784 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here is a demo of a script that I am working on.

This script creates a new record and all associated linked records in other tables.

• Default values are set in a “template” record, not hard coded into the script
  • “Smart” defaults can be calculated values, such as the current date
  • New linked records are created, including multiple levels of links
  • Changing the defaults or linked records requires no editing of code
  • Multiple templates are possible

Some notes:

• Initial table/view/template can be hard-coded if desired to speed up data entry.
  • Minor design changes to the base are required for some functionality (mostly creating new formula fields).
  • The script only adds new records; it does not alter any existing records.

I am not releasing this script yet, as I still want to tweak some aspects. The script is also extremely long and represents many, many hours of work.

I look forward to hearing what people think of this script. If you are interested in beta testing the script, please let me know.

8 Replies 8
VictoriaPlummer
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

This is super dope @kuovonne!!!

Hi @kuovonne,

Oh, how could I not have seen that on March 13th?
That’s the major problem of Show & Tell: a gem like this is drowned in the “Product Suggestions” that I can’t yet filter out!

Yes I think I got enough Use Cases to ask you to be a Beta Tester !

Best,

oLπ

Adrian_Head
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Looking forward to seeing it @kuovonne - great work!

Thank you for your interest in this script. Because there was not much interest earlier, this project got put on a back burner. When I have time, I will revisit it and post when it is available for beta testing.

Air_Table3
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I would be interested in demoing the script when you release it. Looks interesting

With the introduction of Custom Blocks, I am moving this project to a Custom Block. The Custom Block platform makes much more sense than a script. I will post back when I have more info to share.

Hi @kuovonne,

I think that this App is still missing and that it would have its place in the Custom App Marketplace as Trial - Rent - Buy it.

What do you think about it?

Best,

olπ

The custom app marketplace doesn’t currently have a clear way for developers to sell their apps. I’ll revisit this script/block after that happens.