570 0
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Vikas_Vimal2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I hope everyone's doing well! I wanted to share a solution to an issue I faced last nightβ€”something I think could help many of you, especially if you've been stuck like me, looking for ways to visualize your data using radar/spider plots.

radarchart.gif

πŸ“ŒThe Challenge

In my line of work (and I’m sure it’s the same for many of you), I frequently need to compile multi-dimensional profilesβ€”think student grades across multiple subjects, or sales metrics across different KPIs. Pie charts and bar graphs are good but don't quite capture the essence when you have to look at 5 or more variables simultaneously. I've always felt that Radar Charts could be the perfect solution for these multi-faceted profiles.

πŸ“ŒThe Solution

After a bit of tinkering and some late-night coding, I came up with an Airtable base that generates radar charts directly from your records. I found this incredibly useful for embedding in reports and using in the Page Designer block for quick presentations.

πŸ“ŒHow it Works

1️⃣The DataTable table is where you can input the metrics for your radar chart, with fields like Name, Var1 to Var5, and a special ChartAttachment field. 2️⃣ The INSTRUCTIONS table contains the pre-installed script and other helpful guides to get you started. 3️⃣ Just select a record and run the script. Your radar chart will be generated and attached to the ChartAttachment field.

You'll need an API key from RapidAPI. More Documentation here.

πŸ‘€Check it Out

I've published the base on Airtable Universe. It's more of a "Show and Tell," so feel free to check it out, make a copy, and see if it fits into your workflow. Here's the link to the base.

πŸ“ŒUse Cases

I can see this being super useful for educational profiles, student grades, employee performance reviews, or any other data set where you’re looking at multiple variables for the same record at once.

Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions or suggestions. I'd love to hear how you're using it or planning to adapt it for your needs.

Best, V

14 Replies 14
JAN
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks A LOT its working !!!

JAN
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

i pasted the code into new script and add the api key from the other website, 

when i click run i get this :

ERROR

SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list
    on line 1    at E on line 1    at Generator.<anonymous> on line 1    at Generator.next on line 1    at r on line 1    at a on line 1    on line 1    on line 1
JAN
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Worked finaly, chatgpt helped me to resolve it πŸ™‚

Gustavo_Galindo
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Jan, I faced the same error message, but exploring the base, copying the script from the instructions table was able to run it...

Vikas_Vimal2, I'm not a programer, and that 'might' be the issue, but I was trying to customize the code to run after a click of a button for that record, but the function 'map' doesn't work.... any tips?/

JAN
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello, i tried to achieve this with a button but cant figure out, 

The ideal is to use it in as in automations !

Another tip, i think quickcharts.io is easier to use and there are more options for customization, any body tried it ? here a tutorial : https://quickchart.io/documentation/integrations/airtable/