708 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aron_Korenblit
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey everyone! Feels weird to be writing from the other side again but I wanted to share last week’s stream with Airkit where we built a flow to let users update their information in Airtable with Airkit.

The flow Ismaen showed off doesn’t use the usual trick of adding the record ID as a hidden parameter and instead passes it through the API on form submission. Additionally, I thought it was interesting that Airkit “remembers” the session letting the user start off where they left off when filling out the information and has fields like autocomplete addresses.

Let me know what you think! Excited to be back posting as a regular user :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Replies 3
Marcus_Layton

Hey Aron! I’m toying with Airkit now and am just wondering: How would I have Airtable tell Airkit what data to show in a text field? i.e. using the text in the top right of this Airkit design I’ve just put together:

Hey @Marcus_Layton! My name is Ismaen and I’m a Developer Advocate at Airkit :slightly_smiling_face: .

Essentially if you have your Airkit App API, from the POST request in Airtable you will need to pass the fields that you want to pass to airkit in the request body.

On the Airkit App API you are going to want to set it up like this:

What this does is it writes the entire payload object

{
    "id":"1234",
    "name":"ismaen",
    "phone": "+17148756341",
    "payment_amount": 12222,
    "currency_code":"USD",
    "due_date": "2022-09-22",
    "reason": "late_payment",
    "paid":false
}

to session.start

So if i wanted to access due_date then on the web page, you would do session.start.due_date on the text field in Airkit.

I hope that helps! Also, I just released a video on how to pass data from Airtable to Airkit here that shows a full walkthrough!

Thanks very much for this. Just wondering if you’re available for paid project work and if yes are ok to flick me a message with your rates and to grab a slot for us to chat www.bit.ly/meetingmarcus

Cheers!