65 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlorisM
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am developing software for car appraisers in Softr and have structured my database with five tables:

1. Enduser (Appraiser) - Unique identifier: Email of the appraiser
  2. Clients of the Enduser Unique identifier: Email of the client (One appraiser can have multiple clients)
  3. Vehicles of the Client Unique identifier: Vehicle registration number of the client (One client can own multiple vehicles)
  4. Appraisals of the Vehicle Unique identifier: Report number of the appraisal of the client (Each vehicle can have multiple appraisals)
  5. Payments for the Appraisals Unique identifier: Payment number of the report number (Each appraisal can involve multiple payments)

Is this structure appropriate? One potential drawback is that when importing data into related tables, I can only link one table at a time. Ideally, when I add an appraisal along with the vehicle's registration number, the system should automatically identify the associated client (based on the vehicle registration number) and the corresponding enduser (since the client is linked to the enduser).

I am also looking for a freelancer who can help me with this. I am new to Airtable.

1 Reply 1
Mike_AutomaticN
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey @FlorisM! I'd be happy to help around. I've built multiple similar systems -both with Airtable and Softr.

I'd be happy to help out. Please feel free to schedule a call using this link. We can then come back to this post to outline the final data base architecture for future readers to see.

Mike, Consultant @ Automatic Nation