Airtable project setup assistance required

Hi there,

I am new to Airtable (last week or so) and considering replacing the Google sheets I am currently using with it. While working through several tutorials, I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of use. I am, however, concerned about whether an elegant solution could be developed in Airtable.

I manage a small fleet of vehicles in 5 different operations at a gold mine down here in South Africa. We capture the following data daily for each vehicle:

1. Date
  2. Shift (day or night)
  3. Status (e.g. worked, breakdown, accident, etc.)
  4. Operation (i.e. Mponeng, Savuka, 4 Shaft, Harties TSF 7, Margret)
  5. Opening and closing kilometres - formula to calculate kilometres travelled
  6. No of loads done that day
  7. No of tons moved that day
  8. A few other data interests.

Each vehicle’s information is captured separately in different tabs in Google Sheets.

Ideally, I want an app that will prompt the admin ladies when they access the system to complete the previous day’s data. I had a look at using forms, but generally, the grid format should work best. However, I don’t want them to have access to more than one day’s data on any given day.

Can anyone confirm whether I can create such a solution in Airtable? I am also happy to pay for consulting and will share our current spreadsheet solution with anyone willing to assist.

Thanks and take care,
Jacques

Hi @Jacques_Hollands,

Welcome to Airtable Community !

I have a similar setup for my company to track daily what is happening with our equipment. However, my solution was to make a form that feeds the data into a table, so no one has access to the table except me. This table is linked to several other tables where I can (for example) check how many days a specific equipment has worked this month.

Would be glad to take a look at it for you. Feel free to contact me on mohamedswellam@hotmail.com

BR,
Mo

Hi Mo,

Thank you kindly for responding. Your solution sounds exactly what I am looking for. I will send you an email shortly with the spreadsheet we are currently using.

Cheers,
Jacques

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.