I am new to Airtable (last week or so) and considering replacing the Google sheets I am currently using with it. While working through several tutorials, I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of use. I am, however, concerned about whether an elegant solution could be developed in Airtable.
I manage a small fleet of vehicles in 5 different operations at a gold mine down here in South Africa. We capture the following data daily for each vehicle:
- Shift (day or night)
- Status (e.g. worked, breakdown, accident, etc.)
- Operation (i.e. Mponeng, Savuka, 4 Shaft, Harties TSF 7, Margret)
- Opening and closing kilometres - formula to calculate kilometres travelled
- No of loads done that day
- No of tons moved that day
- A few other data interests.
Each vehicle’s information is captured separately in different tabs in Google Sheets.
Ideally, I want an app that will prompt the admin ladies when they access the system to complete the previous day’s data. I had a look at using forms, but generally, the grid format should work best. However, I don’t want them to have access to more than one day’s data on any given day.
Can anyone confirm whether I can create such a solution in Airtable? I am also happy to pay for consulting and will share our current spreadsheet solution with anyone willing to assist.
Thanks and take care,