I’m trying to organize menu planning while integrating a “shopping list” or inventory managment, while also planning for allergies by flagging allergens.
I have a “Hub” table, which shows the “Menu of the Day” for each day, and other day-related info.
I have a “Menus” table, which consists of 4 courses: Appetizer, Main Course, Sides, and Dessert.
I have a table for each course, which contains different foods for each course type. (example shown below)
Finally, I have an “Ingredients” table, the contents of which are linked to each food in each course table.
I want to do two things:
- On the “Hub” table, I want to have a list of all included unique ingredients.
- On the “Menu” table, I want to have a list of ingredients for each menu.
- On the “Hub” table, I want a list of all unique allergen types (i.e. milk vs. whipped cream; nuts vs. peanut butter).
- On the “Menu” table, I want a list of all ingredient allergen types (same as above)
- On the “Hub” table, I want a list of all unique ingredients that are not in stock. (essentially a grocery list)
I don’t know if that makes complete sense, and I know that’s a lot of info, but I hope you can figure it out!