EXport Airtable Records in a Custom PDF Report

Javier, we’ve put our particular project on indefinite hold. But before that happened, I had a chance to talk to Chester. My understanding is that AirPress and Tablepress don’t work well together. Chester has built some custom plugins (for his clients) that allow you to use specific features from DataTables to display and/or interact with data from AirTable, on a Wordpress page. Once that’s done, styling is as simple as writing CSS. But given the number of variables, I don’t think there’s an out-of-the-box solution available. Someone would have to build the plugin from scratch (Chester, or you, or another programmer). I don’t think any of it is super-difficult, but definitely requires a fair understanding of PHP, the Airtable API, and Wordpress (or whatever platform you’re building on).

This would be a nice-to-have. In the mean time my workaround is to use the Airtable API to pull the records, populating them in an HTML template, and then generating the PDF with https://www.api2pdf.com. Works fine, but you have to have some basic coding knowledge in order to do it.

I agree with BeninDallas and Alexandre_Co. It is astonishing to me that there is no way to get a report out of Airtable. This should have been a feature included in version 1.0. My base is for people doing research. It is easy for me to put data in, very difficult for researchers to get data out. I don’t want them to see or have access to the entire base, or even one table at a time. They need to ask a question – filters work – and get information and print it out in a report. That is not yet possible.

I use https://www.reportbin.com/, it’s pretty flexible since you can design the reports using HTML. The downside is you do have to know HTML, though they have an offer to do that for a fee. The interface is pretty basic, but you should be fine with some basic understanding of Airtable to fill in the infor they need.

Hey thanks for the mention Patrick. I’m Sam from ReportBin, we’re still working on the interface, so expect it to be better with time. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any help.

@all: contact me and mention you’re from Airtable Community, I’ll work with you to design your reports for free in exchange for feedback :slight_smile:

Chiming in! I need to prepare multiple-record reports.