cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosy_Baker
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

I’m wondering if there is a way to get the url of a file that has been uploaded to an record. I know how to get the Record URL but I’d like to know if there is a link to the file(s) hosted by Airtable. I’ve looked through the forum but I could not find anything. Perhaps I’m using the wrong search terminology.

Essentially, I’d like to use the URL in an HTML email template to insert a photo hosted on one of our bases. Is this possible? If so, how do you find/create the the full url (e.g. airtable.com/record_ID/image.jpg).

2 Replies 2

If you create a formula field which is simply set to equal the image field then you will get a result such as:

Base Player.jpg (https://dl.airtable.com/qwOBnadakjhdf_Julian%20Kirkness%233%23Base%20Player.jpg)

(note this is NOT an actual link!!

If you needed just the URL, then you could refine the formula to strip out the other parts - or if you were going to email it via something like Zapier then you could use the Extract URL feature in the Formatter tool to extract just the URL.

Hope this helps!

@Julian_Kirkness, thank you very much. I should have realized it was this simple and thanks for the Zapier recommendation, that’s exactly what we’ll try out.