Having trouble with same tasks for different records

Hey community!

So i want to add recurrent tasks for every record, the tasks are the same for every record. I tried doing a separate table named tasks with a subtask column and i link it to my primary table. THE PROBLEM is that when lets say record one fill his tasks, the tasks keep filled for ALL the records, i want to fill them individually for each record.

Any suggestions?

You’ll need to setup your table structure differently. You’ll need to create another table to create a many-to-many relationship:

Thanks for your reply Scott!
I read the article but couldn´t find how can this help me,

i forgot to mention that what i want to do is have a check list of the same 3 tasks for every record. So imagine

Name Tasks
Mario Starting task (in check list form)
Scott Starting task (same task but empty check list)

Technically, you probably don’t even need 3 tables. But with a multiple table approach (whether it’s 2 tables or 3 tables), you would end up needing 3 linked task records for each master record.

However, if you only need 3 tasks for each record, you might just want to create 3 checkbox fields that you use for each record.

The check box is an excellent idea!
However, every task has 3-4 sub tasks so, the check box will be of 10 items, ill try that and see how it looks.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.