Help with filtering linked records

Hi! I’ve been wrapping my head around this problem for a few weeks already with no solution, so I thought I could try to get some help from you here :slight_smile:

Here’s my problem:

• I have two tables: Videos and Tags. Every video can have multiple tags, thus linking the records from the two tables.
  • On Videos I have 2 views: one is “All”, where I have all videos users submitted, and the other is “Filtered”, where I apply some filters to determine what are the videos I want to show on my app - for example, I only show videos with ratings above 4 stars.
  • On the Tags table I’d like to calculate some metrics on number of videos from each tag, but ONLY considering the “Filtered” videos, NOT all of them.

I thought the Limit record selection to a view would do the trick, it really seemed to. However in this Community I found out it doesn’t filter dynamically the linked records, but only the options to be shown on an eventual dropdown in a Form.

Does anyone have any idea on how to solve it?
Seems pretty simple, but I’m not being able to see how.

Thank you!

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.