Paste images from clipboard

It would be great if you could paste an image into a cell and either a thumbnail of the image appears OR a URL to the image is created and entered in the cell. If I know a document will require screenshots, I create a google doc instead of using Airtable because it’s just so much easier to use cmd+ctl+shift+4 to generate a screen grab and then paste the image.

You can drag & drop the screenshot to the field.

Or use your Snip tool…automatically copies the shot, then ctrl+v into Airtable then spacebar…seamless…I use it daily.

What you mean? I can’t paste copying the file, nor copying the content of the image.

Not exactly what you’re looking for, but if you have an image copied to the clipboard, and you:

1. Hit enter on the attachment field to expand the upload dialog

2. Click once in the large, gray center field (yes, this is necessary - just click there - nothing will happen, but if you don’t click there, step 3 will not work — not sure why, just a strange Airtable quirk)

3. Paste (cmd+v) your clipboard contents

4. Press space to upload

This is a pretty quick workflow, which I think is what @Brandon_Sturgill was referring to, to get copied images into attachment fields.

https://youtu.be/veluh_nlx2c

You missed this step :sweat_smile:

All clear now.

Elias, thank you! I had tried this (without clicking in the gray window) and thought I was going to have to live without this fabulous feature. I never would have figured out that I needed to click in the window first.

Not at all, @Jeremy_Oglesby was the explainer! :sweat_smile: