Update Status of a Record via Form

Hello Airtable Community!

I am going to make this simple and sweet. Is there any way to accomplish what this article is doing, but instead of just updating the primary “Name” field, I can update a status? This may not be possible but I figured it was worth a shot.

Our organization essentially has a lot of people outside of our admin team that we delegate the “status” of a particular project and need a way for them to update this status through a form submission and without having access to Airtable. Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

Hi @its.JEthSUS
I am pretty sure you can, give it a shot.

As Vivid stated, this is definitely doable via automations and the guide you linked

If you don’t want to deal with automations, you could set up a form that asks the respondent to select the project they’re maintaining from a Linked field and set it’s status

Then you could use a combination of rollups and lookups to display the latest form submission as well

@its.JEthSUS You could also use an advanced form and portal tool like MiniExtensions.com to do this as well.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.