cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chrishelle
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Guys,

Is there a way for deleting a record across two bases using a trigger? The watch record trigger in integromat only detects for created and last modified record/field. I would love to have a watch trigger that detects deleted record as well.

For example, if I delete a record in Base1, it would automatically delete same record on Base2. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks,

8 Replies 8

I think the best you could do would be to have a field on the record called, say, Mark for Deletion - and then have Integromat triggered by that (using a last modified) and then have the Scenario delete the record itself along with the associated one in the other base.

Of course this doesn’t stop someone manually deleting a record!!

Kalen_Jordan

Another thought I had on this is that you could have your secondary table have a linked record to the primary table, and then you could have a regular integromat scenario that looks for orphaned records in the secondary table and deletes them.

While your suggestion is an interesting one, the question was about deleting matching records in different bases, not different tables.

Timo_Keilbach
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any new Information on this Topic?
I would love to have a watch trigger that detects deleted record as well!

“Mark for Deletion” will not work for me…

Thanks

I think it’s largely up to the Airtable devs. Unless I’m mistaken, they’re the ones who made the Integromat modules, and it all ties in via Airtable’s API under the hood. If Airtable hasn’t developed an internal way of watching for deleted records, then they can’t implement that behavior anywhere else via the API: Integromat, Zapier, etc.

Could you share more about your use case, and why the “Mark for Deletion” process won’t work?

One possible alternative would be to add a button field, with the button labeled “Delete” and set to trigger an Airtable script. The script could take care of deleting the record, and also call an Integromat scenario via webhook to handle any other tasks that the script can’t do natively. Only show that button field in a specific view so that it can’t be accidentally clicked. Maybe even add a confirmation step to the script so it’s a click on the button, and a second click in the script’s block before anything happens.

OMG I didn’t know this button thing existed!!! That feature might be life changing. Thank you for sharing that idea!

Augustin_Clouti
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for a ‘record’ deleted event type, so that we can trigger automations both in Airtable and MAKE based on that event

Yes, that would be a nice feature to have.

In the meantime, in addition to Justin’s idea above, you can also create a single-select field with a choice that says something like “Delete This Record”, and then have that single-select field trigger the deletion scenario in Integromat.