2289 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manoj_Menon
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When I import the Airtable data as external collection in Adalo it skips some cells. I then have to add data into each cell and then import them back. Some times it works and sometime it doesn’t. It is very frustrating doing this back and forth.

Does anyone has faced this issue and how do I resolve this.

7 Replies 7

I don’t have experience with Adalo, but I’ve seen several posts recently from other Adalo users. You might try searching the forum for “Adalo” to see who else is talking about it, and reach out directly.

On a general note, partial data coming through feels like there might be an issue with the code making the API request from Airtable. Are you writing the request yourself? Can you share more about the process you’re using?

My hunch is it is skipping cells where there is no data.

I have to fill dummy data in each cell for 2 rows before importing in Adalo. Only then it appears in the collection.

It is so strange that before I import the data as external collection in Adalo I have to fill each cell with data and i have to do this for consecutive 2 rows. Only after this the data gets reflected.

Yep; that is likely a shortcoming of the Adalo-Airtable interface that they provide. This is precisely the reason I don’t use internal Adalo integration features.

Ideally, the Adalo integration would have you populate a dummy record that it learns from and is thereafter aware of the complete data schema.

Manoj_Menon

This is never ending and so frustrating. Now even after adding data in the cells I am not able to view data in Adalo.

Can someone from Airtable Team please solve this issue.

Sorry to hear you’re having so much trouble. I [personally] have had no issues integrating Adalo with Airtable. The only issues I’ve run into are generally where the integrators [themselves] are inexperienced in design architectures or where the vendors are inexperienced with the details of the connecting services. Often these vendors attempt to create an environment that is intended to eliminate deep integration skills and experience only to create some very frustrating times for their customers who are given false expectations by the solution vendors.

To be clear, I doubt this issue is (a) an Airtable problem, or (b) solvable by Airtable themselves. The issue as you’ve described it is with Adalo which is unable to make assertions about missing field values in API results.

This is precisely how most APIs work. What you’re seeing is probably not a deficiency in Airtable or its API. It’s likely the Adalo connector assuming that the first time it saw data from Airtable, it decided that this was the data model and will be unable to see all fields, even those subsequently populated in Airtable.

There are other possible issues as well – for example the Adalo interface itself. One would have to look at this closely to determine the true cause of your calamity.

My recommendation - which sounds self-serving, but it’s not - is to hire a consultant to sort out this issue and advise you going forward.