Hello out there, I am not experienced in writing code and I am hoping that someone can help me make a workflow dream come true! I’ll do my best to explain what the goal is below, but please let me know if it is unclear.
In my Program Management base, I recently followed this example to add tasks from a Task Template table to specific projects, just copying/pasting the code: https://www.airscript.dev/2020/10/04/generating-tasks-for-projects
The code copies every task from the Task Template table into the project. What I am hoping for help with is: We have several different project types, each that involves its own set of tasks. Is there a way for me to add to the above code so that I can pick a specific set of tasks in the Task Template table, based on an identifier? Currently, to separate out which project types that tasks are associated with in the Task Template table, I have a ‘multiple select’ field that includes types like Solo Exhibition, Juried Exhibition, Traveling Exhibition, etc. I chose multiple select because there are some tasks that fall under multiple project types. Ideally, this would be the situation:
- I can have different templates within my Task Template table , denoted with each task being assigned to a ‘Project Type’ (multiple select field because some tasks fall under multiple project types)
- In my Projects table, when a project record is created, it is assigned to a ‘Project Type’ (single select field that contains the same options as the multiple select field options in the Task Template table)
- When I run my scripting app, the user selects the project they wish to add tasks to, and (here is where I would like for things to go differently…)
- The code will know which ‘project type’ the project is… let’s say that the “Super Cool Art Show” project in the Project table is a Curated Exhibition project type. Maybe the output says “you have selected Super Cool Art Show, which is a Curated Exhibition” (edit: I have figured out this part)
- The user is then prompted to choose a task set from the Task Template table (again, need to know if obtaining a ‘set’ from within the table is possible). So the user would be able to select the “Curated Exhibition” tasks from the table so that when the app is run, Super Cool Art Show just gets those tasks that had been identified as “Curated Exhibition” tasks within the Task Template table.
I’m hoping to avoid going the way of a Zapier integration, so thank you in advance for any guidance on this!