Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

2b862daedc04fd36ef132dac5f543f6c4c717332

Hey community!

Today we are officially launching several brand new automation features to help you build more robust workflows.

• Automation trigger: at a scheduled time
  • Automation action: find records
  • Rendering records as a list

One of the best applications for these new features is making an email digest, where you can schedule a time to send a list of records that match the conditions you set. To see how all of these features come together to build an email digest, see this support article.

Below youโ€™ll find a shorter summary of each new feature.

At a scheduled time trigger

trigger_options

The โ€œAt a scheduled timeโ€ trigger allows you to trigger (or run) an automation at a pre-designated date and time. You can choose to run at regular intervals (in hours or minutes) or at set time on specific days of the week.

Find records action

action_options

This action will look for records matching conditions that you can specify within the action settings. If a record that matches the conditions is found, you can add a following action that uses the record data to perform some other action.

Render records as a list

render_list
This new feature lets you use the records found in the โ€œfind recordsโ€ trigger and render them as a list within an email. You can select which fields to include, and render them as a list of records in the email.

Share your feedback

Our developers would love to hear your feedback around this feature, so feel free to comment in this topic with any questions or ideas on how we can improve.

64 Comments
Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Also waiting for this one!

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

The โ€œRender as HTML gridโ€ is awesome! Iโ€™m not too sure however, if Iโ€™ve missed a step - because my emailed grid has the columns out of order. In all the views, taking your example, I have Channel - Status - Name, but when it renders to the grid my resulting email has the columns in a different order and I have no idea what controls thisโ€ฆ Iโ€™m reading up further support articles, but would appreciate any pointers if anyone has time to comment.

EDIT: Ahh, here we go;

Is there a way to order the HTML grid or list?

Currently, the order that the list of records appears in is from created first to created last. At this time, there are not any ways to reorder the way the list is rendered.

Ahhh, thatโ€™s tough. Can we please have the HTML grid order as per the View that itโ€™s pulling the data from? Thereโ€™s no way that I can easily delete and recreate the columns just for the sake of the output order - Would be good if we can get a fix for this asap.

Jessica_Pena
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Excited about the digest, but also having issues โ€“ two big ones for my use.

Issue #1) It is frustrating that even when the records are sorted by date, they show up out of order in the grid

Issue #2) The time zone is set from my google calendar sync and shows up correctly in my base, and then converts to UTC in the digest.

Start End
7/3/2021 11:00pm UTC 7/4/2021 2:00am UTC
6/19/2021 11:00pm UTC 6/20/2021 2:00am UTC
6/26/2021 11:00pm UTC 6/27/2021 2:00am UTC
7/2/2021 11:00pm UTC 7/3/2021 2:00am UTC
Chantal_Encalad
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! I keep trying to set up a daily digest including the start time of an event. However, it keeps changing and sending the time of the event as UTC. I have NOT opted to โ€œUse the same time zone (GMT) for all collaboratorsโ€ when I created the โ€œDateโ€ field on my base.

What can I do?

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Jessica_Pena @Chantal_Encalada The UTC issue that you both mention definitely feels like something that could be improved in Airtable. While Airtable staffers might see your comments here, I suggest writing to Airtable support directly with your feedback.

In the meantime, you could create formula fields to force-format your date fields based on your local timezone, and include those formula fields in your digests instead of the actual date fields. (Internally, all dates are stored relative to UTC/GMT. The switch in the date field options only controls how dates are displayed to the user, not how the data is stored.)

@Jessica_Pena The Find records action was recently updated to support collection of records from a specific view in a table. My gut says that this option should retain the record order within that viewโ€”including sortingโ€”whereas the condition option will likely use a different order. I havenโ€™t tested this theory, but I wanted to throw the idea out there in case you havenโ€™t tried it yet.

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

At the time of this post, the find records action based on a view does not retain the view sort order.

Jessica_Pena
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Thanks @Justin_Barrett, Iโ€™ll file away the info re: force format for date fields. Unfortunately until the records can show up in the order they are presented within the view, it renders the digest kind of useless for our business :frowning:

Tristan-ARG
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,

I have a table with around 150 proyects, this proyects belong to different managers (in total 5). Is there anyway of sending a digest to each manager only with the proyects that they are in charge of?. The only workaround I see is to make one automation for each manager, but as automation are limited I wouldnt like to spend so many in just doing the same task.

Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

You can combine multiple โ€œfindโ€ action steps with โ€œemailโ€ steps.

Find 1 = manager 1 > email 1
Find 2 = manager 2 > email 2
โ€ฆ

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi everyone, just a quick heads up that we just released a few updates to the"at a scheduled time" trigger.