Help

Join us for Table Talk next week for more information about recent Airtable updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jordan_Scott1
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

Happy 2022! I hope everyone’s year is off to a great start.

As you may have seen earlier this week, as of Tuesday, January 11th, Airtable has rolled out updates to our Free, Plus, and Pro plans*. These updates to our packaging are meant to give users access to more advanced features in Airtable, like apps and sync integrations. We’re also starting off the year with a few much-needed product improvements to our automations and view features.

We are excited about all of these changes and would love to have you join us for Table Talk on Thursday, January 20th to learn more. Airtable’s Self Serve Product Leader, Lauryn Isford, and Head of End User Marketing, Christy Roach will join us to share a behind the scenes look at the thinking and strategy behind our packaging changes, and Mary Cook from Airtable’s Automations team will also be joining us to talk about some new functionality we’re launching next week. You can submit questions in advance here.

For those who were already planning on joining us for next week’s Table Talk, this is a slight change of plans. We had previously planned to have Peter Deng, our Chief Product Officer, join us to talk about our roadmap. Peter is still excited to talk about all things Airtable Roadmap with you, and this has been shifted to Thursday, February 10. Thanks for your ongoing feedback and flexibility. We hope to see you at both of our upcoming Table Talk sessions.

*There is no price change associated with this update and no existing workspaces lose any capabilities. For more details about this update to our Free, Plus, and Pro plans as well as FAQs, please see this resource page published in our help center.

61 Comments
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Since all three of my questions are unlikely to be answered during the Table Talk I will post them here for posterity:

1. Why are new Pro users limited to 10 apps per base?
  2. Why was this limit placed before greater than 5% of the Apps can be replaced with Interface Designer’s functionality?
  3. What steps will Airtable take to rebuild its now tanked relationship with the developer community?

There are pros and cons to the changes in pricing plans. The “10 apps per base” limit for Pro users is indefensible from every angle I’ve looked at it and am dying to see what the justification could possibly be.

The first non-explicative I can think of to describe that change in particular is still “disrespectful”.

Judson
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

10 apps/base on the pro plan is a serious limitation that conflicts with a lot of the product design. Why have multiple dashboards and copies of apps that can contain different configurations? Those are useful features that are ruined by this seemingly arbitrary limitation. For example having a handful of CSV import apps that all have different configs is very useful.

This change is the first time I have been concerned about the direction/decisions of Airtable. I don’t say that lightly, I love the product, and have multiple organizations using it.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

These updates were meant to “give users access to more advanced features in Airtable”?

Um…

Apps were reduced from unlimited apps to 10 apps.

Internal syncs were reduced from 20 syncs to 10 syncs.

External syncs were reduced from unlimited sync sources per base to 7 sync sources per entire workspace.

Amongst other reductions as well.

So, given all of the above, would you care to elaborate on how exactly this has “given users more access to advanced features in Airtable”?

If you guys think that you are generating goodwill amongst your customers & consultants, you are sorely mistaken.

Paul_Warren1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Does the following excerpt from the resource page mean unlimited scripting apps are allowed? The app limit refers only to apps other than scripting?

Do the scripting app and custom block SDK count towards per base app limits?

No. Users will still be able to add the scripting app and use custom block SDK without having it count towards their plan’s app limit.

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Plus users get more functionality across the board, and Free users got some new features and some new limitations.

Pro users, the ones who pay the most, got shafted. To clarify: I am aware existing users don’t lose functionality, this is for new customers. That does not change how absurd the change is from a conceptual or practical level.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Correct. My post was specifically referring to Pro users.

And they got massively screwed.

I’d love to hear how Airtable thinks that this is going to help build a healthy or respectful ecosystem.

Rebecca_Elam
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

I shared my thoughts as did a few others in the facebook and slack communities and Ive already lost 4 days of my life to freaking out over what this change means for all of the people I have grown to know and love in this community so I will keep it brief and as civil as possible. yall have had very limited community input so far. We have been the ones providing the support you have proven time and time again to be too inept to handle. When people need real problems solved they some to people like the OPENSIDERS! LIKE KAMILLE FREAKING PARKS whom you have blatantly left out and ignored!!! Not to mention I have never once received a HELPFUL support response that actually solved my issue unless it was an issue caused by airtable in the first place. as a power user, to get any useful help we have to help EACHOTHER! Do you know where I go to get that? DAN FREAKING FELLARS whom you have just undercut his entire business as the original hole filler for your incomplete product.
it doesn’t matter what you release or announce! it doesn’t matter what you think you’re ‘gifting’ us, you blew it. screwed the pooch. crumbled the cookie on Developer relations with your handling of the entire situation before during and after. Then on top of that, you basically made a list of developers you care about and a list of developers you don’t. sounds like all that angel money is going to some heads. don’t forget who advocates for your product! don’t forget who tells companies whether they should or shouldn’t use airtable. all the airtable developers you push out are just going to go become coda consultants or learn google sheets and integromat. you’re not the end all be all for business systems. infact ITS NOT EVEN DONE! this isn’t SALESFORCE!

Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

I’m adding my voice those these :point_up: messages. Won’t leave much more here, 'cause it wouldn’t be pretty :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Very, very disappointed in Airtable at this moment. And how much love and effort and input does it take for these :point_up: and other amazing community contributers to get some freaking respect…

Rebecca_Elam
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

I just wanted to append that by “you” I mean Airtable as a whole.

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Apparently, more than 3 apps in the Marketplace and/or more than 312 solutions here in the forums.