Launched: button field 🔘

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

The button field is now available for all users! Use it to trigger custom actions for a record—like scheduling calendar events, sending emails, creating custom invoices, generating reports, running scripts, finding stock images, or even opening other Airtable links.

Open URL-Send email

run-script-add-line-item

For more information on the button field and how you can use it, check out our launch blog post:

We’re especially excited about the potential applications of the run script action for button field, which is why we’re holding a scripting contest in our community forums themed all around scripts that take advant.... The contest winner will win $1,000! All submissions are due by Friday, July 3, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PDT .

https://community.airtable.com/t/scripting-contest-using-newly-launched-button-field/31386

15 Comments
egordin
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

oh that’s helpful but unfortunately I’m using the run script action so I don’t think a formula is possible at this moment unfortunately, unless someone knows another way.

Mariusz_S
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Seems the contest page has been archived?

Dominik_Bosnjak
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Isn’t that how these boards work, in general? It has been a year since that contest.

Mariusz_S
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I don’t think that’s the case.
If the content is still relevant(and it is) then these shouldn’t be archived as people still might find it useful.
Shame as I remember seeing a cool workflow/solution that I wanted to review,

Joyce_Y
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have created a script to run at the click of this button. The script will add some data to my table based on 1-2 prompts when the user clicks the button.

How I would like to use this feature:

• My friends each receive a shared-link gallery view of a subsection of the table
  • I do not want my friends to have access to the table, but I do want them to be able to see the prescribed subsection in the gallery view
  • My friends will access this link from their phones
  • My friends will click this button on one of the records, answer the prompts, and the script will update the record appropriately, without my friends seeing more than their filtered and hidden gallery view of the table
  • (The script writes to a field in the record that is used in filtering for the shared-link gallery view. As my friends run the script, the filtered view will display more records.)

My requests to make this possible:

• Make the button clickable in the shared-link view (at least just for running a script that is only prompting the user and writing data to a record)
  • Make the button clickable from a phone