New: Add a Kanban element to your Interfaces

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ayesha_Bose
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

:wave: Hello! I’m Ayesha, a Product Manager here at Airtable. We’re so excited to share a new feature with you that allows you to add a Kanban element to your Interfaces:

d9ba769ef9d97e1d7667a99c864b5684660e5290.png

What is this?

You can now add a Kanban element to your Interface pages from the All elements list. This is very similar to the Kanban view that you see inside a base today.

3203e20e543af67e4c5aeb9c052e8ea14588b797.png

What can you configure for the Kanban element?

• Data Source: you can select which table you want to use for this element
  • View-only / Editable: after you publish your Interface, you can keep this view read-only or editable
  • Filter / Sort: you can filter the records you display here and choose any sort options,
  • Stack: you can configure which field you want to stack by
  • Appearance: you can customize the fields that appear on each card, show colors, and toggle the view’s name on/off

We’re looking forward to hearing what you think, please let us know if you have any questions. We’re also thinking about future improvements to the Kanban element overall, like better text wrapping, and will cycle back with updates as we have them.

This update is available now. If you aren’t seeing these changes reflected, please try clearing your cache.

16 Comments
Michael_Kneller
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Absolutely. I mean, I know there’s a ton of requests Airtable is trying to get through, but these issues make Kanbans basically useless.

Brian_Cavanaugh

Is there a world in which we can request making the Kanban interface element an active record picker as well? The record picker dropdown element and the record review interface template are OK, but with lots of records can be overwhelming. The Kanban layout helps us clean up the visuals of our records, and I’d love to be able to create a blank interface, add a filtered Kanban view at the top, then if a record is clicked in that kanban, the rest of the interface elements display the details from the selected record.

Thanks!

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Good morning @Ayesha_Bose and team,

I’ve finally sat down to have a look at the recent addition of an Interface Kanban element. Please find my feed back below;

In Summary, I can’t use this until;

• Fields are dynamically shown depending on what stack the card/record resides in.
  • Field labels can be hidden, so only their content is shown (with bold, underline and italic option).
  • Better nesting options for attachment images that utilise the already available card whitespace.
  • “Uncategorized” can be completely hidden.
  • More options for the Record creation buttons, such as triggering automations, scripts, a form, new records and also completely hide the option altogether.
  • Option to Hide “New Stack”
  • Both the View and the Interface Kanban have the same features. (I can’t stress enough how this is also needed for Interface Forms and View Forms too)

And please, do read and acknowledge the existing ideas requested previously in other threads for KanBan view.

Thanks for the oppurtunity for feedback. I’d really love to use KanBan view - just not with its current limitations.

Ayesha_Bose
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi Karlstens! Thanks for taking the time to write this up and share this diagram, it’s really helpful. We’ve also been following along with the suggestions in the other thread and appreciate you flagging them.

We’ll discuss this more as a team and I’ll work on prioritizing this in our roadmap. Will let you know as we. have updates.

M_L
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

For some additional feedback, I wanted to link to my unresolved post here outlining my Airtable Kanban's inability to sort cards in a column. It appears they automatically sort cards by the date-entered but I'm unable to change or customize the order the cards appear in for other priorities.

I'm glad for the addition of the Kanban feature, and it has a lot of promise for my personal use once I can order cards.

As mentioned in the post, I did submit a bug ticket today.

TIA

mollyleaf
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Being able to edit the form for the "+" and also decoupling being able to edit and adding records would be huge improvements!