New: Attachment annotations

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

We just launched a feature called attachment annotations that lets you leave comments in a specific position on an Airtable attachment. You can give fast, clear, actionable feedback on any type of visual asset to help speed up your creative process.

asset_review

We currently support annotations on images (JPEGs, PNGs, and GIFs) and videos (MP4 and WebM). For more information on how to use this new feature, please see this support article for specifics and our blog post for a broader look at the asset review process.

And, we’d love your feedback! Leave any comments or feedback here in this topic.

37 Comments
Tech_Support1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This is happening using Firefox 83.0 on a Mac running Mac OS 11.0.1.
Just switched to Safari browser 14.0.1 and the preview mode inside the Attachment field is now working as advertised. It’s also working OK in Chrome Version 87.0. Going to poke through some of the Firefox preferences and settings to see if something there jumps out at me.

I also just tried the Airtable desktop app (Mac v.1.4.4) and that is working OK too, so I guess Firefox is the culprit. Figures since I just started working in that today when I usually default to Safari. Thanks for your diligent comments Bill. I’m usually pretty in depth with stepping through troubleshooting options like this but got caught off guard today. Will report back if a can tweak a Firefox setting to get that browser to work correctly.

Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Yep, as I suspected. Browsers are generally free to interpret URLs as they see fit and especially in the context of plugins, security settings, and other preferences.

Anthony_VanVolk

LOVE THIS! I actually suggested this a while back! But, the holy grail for us would be to be able to annotate PDF files! I’m sure that it is just a matter of time but this would be a killer feature!

LW-SavvyIndie
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Congrats for catching up with Dropbox Paper!
Could you also now please allow richer interaction with other attachments: e.g. time-based audio/video commenting?

Ekansh_Pandit
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

great app
is it like drawing illustrations
sorry if I am wrong

Jessica_Pena
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Yes, please please add PDF annotation. It is one of the most common file types, and plenty of the assets that we create and review are those that we intend to print and make as PDFs. We just started using Airtable for asset review and it has been excellent until there was a screeching halt because I opened up the PDF attachment (which I could easily view like other file types) but could not annotate.

Denise_Yuh

can attachments be marked up and annotated on the IOS platform?

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

This is currently available on our web and desktop apps.

Denise_Yuh

Can u please explain how to implement this.

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Our support article walks through the details of annotating images and videos. I’d suggest reading through the article and coming back here if you have any follow up questions.

Hope this helps!